Saturday, December 06, 2008




In the UK there has been a court case regarding a child called Shannon Matthews.
Her Mother, Karen, has been found guilty of the kidnap and neglect of her own child.

My mind has been lingering on this person, this case in general.
Here are some scrambled thoughts out of my soul.

Outside the court the senior policeman stood and said that this woman, Karen Matthews was pure evil.
Why does this happen?
Police have worked their socks off to get the case through court and that is great. Their factual evidence helps to convict and then they stand outside court giving opinions. I don't like that. Every-time they do this. There is no need. They have no right to do it either.

I believe her behaviour was evil. I believe so much of her activities sound anti social and neglectful. She brings few skills to being a successful parent. She is not evil.

I feel she is a very sad and dysfunctional woman. And the men around her too. It has been well promoted that she has seven children by five fathers. She lives on benefits of £350 a week and tries to get £50,000 by kidnapping her own daughter. She is in a mess. She is dysfunctional. She is deprived. She is needy. I don't feel she is evil.

I work and have worked worth beautiful humans like her all my life. If you live in a tough community, have you ever lived in a tough unrelenting community where humans struggle to cope with life? Live on the edge? Scramble around for money on the edge of crime?
If not, go and hang out with some young humans who are younger versions of Karen Matthews. Go and meet their parents and you can feel the same inadequacy. I feel their pain. Ringing in my ears is a recent tearful fumbling "..... I feel so vulnerable ....." out of the lips of one on the road to Karen Matthewsness.

1 So there is the police statements outside of court. They can be stopped by policy and procedure now.
2 Then there is the demonising of inarticulate, poor, dysfunctional humans who God loves and Jesus died for. I hate it. HATE IT!
There are certain newspapers who set the standard in this. Feed the minds of 'evil' instead of 'care' (dare I mention LOVE?)
Journalists who sit on their comfortable chairs in front of their nice computers. Coming from their comfortable suburbia - writing dribble about humans they know nothing about - from communities they only investigate.
And minds are polluted nationwide ..........
Here is a link worth feeling sick about - HERE::


I am thinking of one young mum. As hard as nails. Swearing and cursing at me, in normal conversation. I call her by name. I sit down next to her. Share a joke. Tell her she is beautiful. She smiles and swears back and smacks her child on the back of the head and curses at him.

I have feelings of love for her. She is a rough diamond. I don't know what I can do to help. But I do know that if I needed any help she would cough up a fiver without a blink of an eye. Because, behind the F'ing and blinding there is a heart of gold. Gold struggling to get out and live.

She doesn't have any of the knowledge you will have. When things go wrong in her life she doesn''t know where the handles and buttons are to press - to make things happen - to seek help.
When things go wrong for you - you will have humans who you can call on.
With money. With life skills.
Will unconditional love - I guess.
She has dysfunctional humans around her.
Like all of us -
she needs love around her.

This is a rant.
I feel so strong about it.

On the other hand there is a good reflective, full of feelings and compassion, article here::